24 Nov 2019

24Nov19 Christian News Bulletin



SURFING  FOR THE LORD
ASSIST News Service reports that a church leader is walking the 800km trek along the Camino route in southern France and northern Spain with a surfboard attached to his back. Rev Richard Ellerington is raising awareness of the growing global Surf Church movement. He is hiking the famous pilgrimage over a 35-day period and will be the first to do so with a surfboard in tow.

PROGRESS WITH BIBLE TRANSLATION
According to Christian Today, the latest figures from Wycliffe Bible Translators show that almost 700 languages now have a complete Bible. Active translation work is underway on 2,617 languages across 161 countries. A Wycliffe statistician said that despite the progress, there is still a long way to go before there are complete Bibles in all languages.

DOLLY PARTON SPEAKS OUT
In a recent interview with The Christian Post, country singer Dolly Parton spoke openly about her Christian faith. She explained: “Every day I pray for God to lead me and to take out all the wrong things, wrong people in my life, and bring all the right things, right people, and to let me glorify Him and uplift mankind — to do something in this world to make it a little better than it was. And let me be a light and a vessel to be used.” And she added: “I just wanted to do what I can in this world to make things better if I can, and I'm in a position to do it. If you get in a position to help, you should help.”