17 Nov 2019

17Nov19 Christian News Bulletin



SPRINGBOKS' CAPTAIN FINDS STRENGTH IN CHRIST
After the South African Springboks' recent win in the Rugby World Cup tournament in Japan, Eternity News reports on how the Springboks' captain, Siya Kolisi, has found strength in the Christian faith following a period of personal and family problems. Kolisi is quoted as saying: “Walking alongside a spiritual mentor, I’ve been able to discover the truth and saving power of Christ in a whole new way. This new life has given me a peace in my heart I’d never experienced before. Now that I have given everything to God, nothing else affects me. I now live and play with the freedom of knowing His plan will always happen, and at the end of the day, that’s all I care about!”

PRESIDENT CARTER PREACHS
Former President Jimmy Carter, 95, didn't allow a recent fall and fractured pelvis to keep him away from church for long, and  he returned recently to share his thoughts on life and death with the congregation. According to USA Today, Carter taught a 45-minute lesson on the trials of Job and told the attendees at Maranatha Baptist Church in the town of Plains, Georgia that they should not doubt the Bible's promise of life after death.

INTERFAITH WEEK IN UK
Last week, thousands of people took part in a series of events promoting tolerance and unity between faith groups in the UK. The Interfaith Week highlighted the positive effect of faith groups on local communities throughout the British Isles.