4 May 2015

Wesley Covenant Prayer

Our Songs of Hope prayer for 3 May 2015 is the "Wesley Covenant Prayer". John Wesley expected all Methodist Christians to pray this self-dedication prayer at least once per year.

Audio: 2015-05-03-Wesley-Covenant-Prayer.mp3

Click the play button for the audio. Play time is 1 minute. Right click download to download

Here is the text of the prayer for your meditation:
I am no longer my own, but yours.
Put me to what you will, rank me with whom you will;
put me to doing, put me to suffering;
let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you,
exalted for you, or brought low for you;
let me be full,
let me be empty,
let me have all things,
let me have nothing:
I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things
to your pleasure and disposal.
And now, glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
you are mine and I am yours. So be it.
And the covenant now made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen.
ImageSongs of Hope on tunein radio